If your Moto Watch shows the word “APP” on the screen, it means that it is completing the final stage of the firmware upgrade. You can track the progress on the progress bar in your Moto Watch app.
To successfully complete this step, please ensure that:
- The Bluetooth connection between your phone and the watch is stable.
- Your Moto Watch and the phone are within a few feet (or meters).
- The watch will reboot after it receives the firmware file
This step might take a few minutes. If you notice that the progress bar has been stalled for some time or the app shows an error dialogue, please follow these steps:
- Press OK on the app to close the dialogue.
- Long-press the top button for 30 seconds until the watch turns off.
- Long-press the top button until the display turns back on.
- Confirm that the watch is connected to the Phone via Bluetooth
- From your Moto Watch app, retry to update.
Note: If you close the app or exit the upgrade screen, the firmware upgrade will stop. You can restart it by navigating back to the Firmware Upgrade menu and trying again.
If your issue has not been resolved, please submit a ticket through the "submit a request" option below, and a member of our team will be happy to provide you with personalized support.