If your Moto Watch app shows a notification with the "Error 257" or "GATT Error," please follow the below steps.
Before completing the steps, please ensure that:
- The Bluetooth connection between your phone and the watch is stable.
- Your Moto Watch and the phone are within a few feet (or meters).
- The watch will reboot after it receives the firmware file
This step might take a few minutes. If you notice that the progress bar has been stalled for some time or the watch screen continues to show a rocket ship, please follow these steps:
- Long-press the top button for 30 seconds until the watch turns off.
- Long-press the top button until the display turns back on.
- Ensure the watch is connected via Bluetooth to the device and is listed under the Moto Watch App.
- Retry upgrading from the app.
- If your Motowatch has not updated and the screen continues to display the rocket ship, please repeat this process one more time.
If you followed all the above steps and your watch continues to show a rocket ship, please submit a ticket through the "submit a request" option below or chat with us. A member of our team will be happy to provide you with personalized support.